what it is
As one element of our strategic marketing planning offering we utilise a Market and Product Portfolio Planning tool that can answer some of the most unanswerable marketing questions faced by any business.
- Are your markets becoming increasingly competitive?
- Do you have a clear understanding of your marketing environment?
- Do you have the right products in the right markets?
- Do you know which are the most attractive markets or sectors?
- Do you need to justify your spend?
- Do you know whether the next best idea should be taken forward?
- Are you spending your budget the best way and in the right amounts?
Using this advanced modelling tool we will work with you to deliver a comprehensive view of how to direct finite resources at the right markets in the right way.
benefits and outputs
the process will:
- ensure that your marketing plan is an integral part of the business’ strategic plan
- robustly support your marketing strategy with concrete evidence to support your decisions
- help you to analyse your product or market portfolio – determining those product markets which are most attractive and in which you have the greatest competitive strengths
- enable you to make informed decisions about business potential from each of your product/market combinations
The results of this approach and the outputs of the matrix we prepared led to product innovation in two niche areas of law; one of which achieved market leadership status within the first year of launch
- enable you to plan your activity using concrete evidence rather than using on gut instinct, history or past successes
- demystify the marketing process by clearly tying activity to strategy and goals
- enable you to focus your energy and resources to achieve the greatest success and returns
- ensure that marketing spend is undertaken with a clear sense of direction, with measurement mechanisms in place, decision-making processes transparent and clear accountability for outcomes